- Managing the completion and submission of grid applications
- Assisting with finding best value ICPs to carry out connection works
- Liaison with the multiple DNOs throughout the UK Challenging them over Costings
- Working with clients, ICPs and DNOs to ensure best value solutions
- Challenging DNOs over Designs
- Managing the DNO/ICP relationships and contracts
- Grid capacity studies
- On and off-site Legals
- Introductions to other clients
- Other grid related services as required
Keir advised us on grid connection matters in relation to six 1.2 ROC Solar Schemes financed by Octopus that had to connect before the 31 March 2017 deadline. The connection pressure was high due to the subsidy cliff. Throughout the process Keir mixed technical expertise with commercial understanding and his knowledge of how DNOs work and relationships with these DNOs was really valuable.
The scope of the engagement shifted around quite a bit and Keir was always flexible to accommodate these changes, bringing in additional resources from his network of grid consultants when required to assist with specific challenges where others had particular expertise or contacts that could add value to the engagement.
An excellent job – all 6 projects hit the deadline and Keir was an instrumental part in achieving this, he had a solution to every problem or knew someone else who did.
We’ve worked with Keir and MJS Grid Services over the last 5 years on numerous Energy projects. They have provided various services as we’ve needed them, including Project Management, DNO Liaison, ICP management and also problem solving when required! They’ve shown a real pro-active approach to their work and have made a difference on a number of our projects; they’ve become our go-to guys when we need grid related assistance.
Keir’s intimate knowledge of how the DNO’s work, specifically with their legal requirements, the contacts within these businesses and their very ‘specific’ behaviours, allowed us to successfully move forward on a number of projects which we would have struggled with otherwise.